October 13th, 2012
My Other Baby
Today is the due
date of my other baby. It’s only a birthday I celebrate in my mind. It’s the special
way I remember every year the passing of life that almost came through me. It
was important to me to wait the nine months before trying to get pregnant
again, in honor of this baby. Today this
baby would be one year old and I wouldn’t know Grace. I know the Lord works in mysterious
ways. I also know the sadness that falls
on your heart when a baby you expect to meet and grow with is taken before it
is born.
I believe in good
and evil. I remember the night I awoke
from a dream so hideous and terrifying I am sure it was put in my head by the
devil. It was the night I lost the baby.
I was crying my eyes out but even through the maddening tears and pounding in
my head I could hear the Job verse,. "The lord giveth the lord taketh
away". I went to the doctor for the
ultrasound. The heartbeat was gone. Case closed. That simple.
But not that
simple at all. And fast forward a few
months down the road to October 13th, 2011. It was the day I was supposed to be giving
birth to my other baby. I was driving
down the road and I was crying hard. I was angry and sad and mad at God.
For some reason I
had the radio tuned to a Christian station full of static and judgement and I
had it turned up loud. I prayed hard to God, “Why oh why could you make my
heart hurt so bad?” I actually said the words out loud. And He answered me. A
soft choir began to sing on the a.m. station, “the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh
away”. I pulled the car over and I wept. And I grieved. And I mourned. And I
took comfort. The next month I was
pregnant with baby Grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment