"heart to heart and hand in hand"

Tuesday, May 7, 2013


August 8th, 2012

 

Grace Ellen Ahart

 

     Grace Ellen Ahart.  She is here, 4:59 a.m., perfect and healthy and strong.  All 7lbs, 7oz, and 20 inches long, of her, here, finally in my arms.      

     Grace is my little prayer, a little Leo born "sunny side up". I prayed for her and hoped for her and now I am on my knees thanking God for her.  Her name, Grace, means "blessing" or "favor". She is named for Grace, her daddy’s grandma, who was a strong and gentle soul. "Ellen" means "ray of sun light", which she also is, a brilliant blinding ray of light.  Her namesake, my grandmother Ellen, is the most patient and righteous woman I have ever known. 

     Grace Ellen has only been here a few hours and she has already put so much love in my heart.  Every tiny crack is full and she has squeezed out all the dark and scary.  My love for her and Hailey and Brad is intoxicating. I have never known such extraordinary love. I truly imagine the joy I am feeling must be what it feels like when you finally get to meet Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment