"heart to heart and hand in hand"

Tuesday, May 7, 2013


August 10th, 2012

 

Back at Home

 

     Back at home with Brad and the girls.  Hailey has transformed into a Big Girl over night.  In the past nine months she has weaned herself from me and now I watch her tenderly giving Gracie her first bottle.  I feel relieved watching the baby get food in her belly. Hailey tasted it and reported, "Well it doesn't take like milk. It tastes like perfume. But I think she’s gonna do ok til your milk gets here".

     There are two things I already really love about Grace. The first thing is the way she smacks her lips and clacks her tongue really loud when she wants to nurse.  The second is how she yelps when she gets gas.  She screams a sound that sounds like an old woman who just saw a mouse. When she gets finally gets her burb out it is super loud (like Barney on The Simpsons). And then she says "ahhh" afterwards!

     And there are two things I especially love about her sissy, Hailey.  One is when she turned to me today and said, “if you looking for me I just gonna be right in the closet picking dried glue out of my belly button and then I be right back". And the other is when she said, “maybe Gracie Ellen knows you the mommy and I is just the sissy cuz you have boobies but I only just have nipples”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment